Laura B. Kaufman
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Writer, Editor, Project Manager and P.R. Consultant, Lafayette, CA 2009 – present
Clients include John Muir Health, Diablo Custom Publishing, the Contra Costa Times, CALSTAR, Moon Dance Baking, Inc. and an adventure book author.
John Muir Health, Walnut Creek, CA
Sr. Public Relations Associate, 1999 – 2009
- Provided strategic planning and a wide variety of marketing services, including communications campaigns, publications, and management of special events. Developed diverse materials for internal and external audiences and coordinated programs in collaboration with executive staff, Foundation staff, volunteers and local community partners.
- Planned and staffed groundbreakings and opening ceremonies for new buildings and special community events. Coordinated projects with organizations including the American Lung Association, La Clinica, Macy’s, sports teams and local historical societies.
- Redesigned and upgraded monthly newsletter for physicians, creating a highly successful interactive online product, working with multiple contributors.
- Edited quarterly senior services newsletter and targeted information for seniors.
- Managed contract with Oakland Athletics including sponsorship of annual Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Created flyer for fans, coordinated first pitch honors for CAO, secured media interviews, and produced magazine advertising to maximize exposure for oncology program.
- Produced video for website on breast cancer, featuring outstanding patient stories and physician interviews to showcase advanced and comprehensive services.
American Academy of Ophthalmology, San Francisco, CA
Managing Editor, EyeNet Audio 1998-1999
Launched successful entrepreneurial audio series for ophthalmologists offering brief, informative and entertaining presentations on clinical and practice issues. Included strategic planning, product development, and editorial management as well as advertising and collateral production.
Senior Editor, EyeNet Magazine 1997-1998
Managed coverage of general news, technology and practice management sections for monthly magazine distributed to more than 25,000 ophthalmologists in the U.S. and abroad.
Public Service Specialist, 1996-1997
Developed education and awareness campaigns for eye health programs, including ads for Reader’s Digest, Modern Maturity and Essence. Produced glaucoma public service announcement videotaped by former President George H.W. Bush.
March of Dimes, White Plains, N.Y.
Senior Writer-Editor 1989-1992
Developed creative materials for the Campaign for Healthier Babies including award-winning consumer information, celebrity speeches and national advertising. Led writer/designer team in targeting messages to teen mothers, non-English-speaking women and WalkAmerica participants.
American Heart Association, New York City
Manager, Creative Services 1983-1987
Managed projects from citywide health campaigns to print and video annual reports. Created materials on nutrition, smoking, and exercise; led efforts to effectively reach various target audiences.
ADDITIONAL CAREER INFORMATION:
Leadership Contra Costa program graduate, 2007
East Bay Women’s Conference Committee member, 2007- 2009
Click below to download or print this resume as a PDF.